Your dynabook USB-C Dock [ Model Part Number: PA5356* ] might intermittently disconnect and reconnect. Furthermore, the LAN connection can be potentially lost or terminated.
When this happens:
- You repeatedly hear the device disconnect and reconnect sound
- USB-C dock LAN connection can be lost or terminated, which result in LAN disconnectivity.
dynabook USB-C Dock Infographic
In order to resolve the described issue, please apply the below USB-C dock firmware package v188.8.131.52 and the Realtek LAN driver for USB.
The firmware update tool, the Realtek LAN driver for USB as well as an instruction- and installation guide can be found below.
Dynabook recommend applying in addition the Firmware v184.108.40.206 which can be found here.
Firmware v220.127.116.11 is updating the MST hub controller of the USB-C dock.
[ Resolving the issue, that an external monitor connected to the dock is might showing a blank or corrupted image after the Computer return from standby mode ]
Furthermore, Dynabook strongly recommend applying the Realtek LAN driver for USB update package (can be found below) as well as the Computers BIOS and graphics card driver to the latest available versions.
Click here to open the BIOS download page, to obtain the latest available version. To search the latest available graphics card driver, please click here.
Please read these instructions carefully before applying the USB-C dock firmware update packages.
- Plug the AC adaptor to the dock and connect dock to Computer with USB-C cable. Make sure the dock is detected by the Computer.
- Please make sure the dock remains plugged into the Computer during firmware flashing, disconnecting the dock during flashing may cause dock hardware failure.
- Ensure the PC is in normal working mode during firmware updating. Do not power off or enter sleep mode.
- Please remove any USB devices before executing the firmware update.
REALTEK LAN DRIVER FOR USB
Dynabook provides this information "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Dynabook shall not be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information or software provided. Dynabook is not liable for any damage caused by the use of any information or software provided, including information that is incomplete or incorrect. Any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
Copyright Dynabook Europe GmbH. All rights reserved.
Back to top